About Me

My photo
I am a photographer based in Singapore and Malaysia.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

26.05.2011, 9:25am


This morning I had a short walk at the wet market with my XZ-1. I took a couple of shots I like, and I plan to convert them to black and white, which is my preference. I still prefer to present pictures one at a time, for viewers to contemplate on it for a while, before any possible conclusions are made. So I have decided to slowly present my collections in my other blog "Images That Speak" in time to come. As for this diary, the above shot shall be my memory of today.

About the above image, I have a fetish for umbrellas. I have an impulse to capture moving subjects. This shot was taken from behind some man-made shades of a street stall. And I just pressed the shutter button on impulse when I felt someone approaching real close. I had no idea who he/she looked like. I like to freeze moments like this. Now, I can slowly enjoy what I have captured.

3 comments:

  1. I like your idea of taking the time to enjoy a photo at a time. Curious about the EXIF. Was this on iAuto? Seems unusual for the camera to select ISO 400, forcing the shutter speed to be 1/1000th of a sec. But on the other hand, the ISO 400 on the XZ-1 seems very acceptable - I like the texture in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set to ISO400 manually, used MF (pre-focus on a spot for zone-focusing), used P mode (I wanted to test if the depth of field on such a small sensor is sufficient for my zone-focusing, and YES, it was!). The depth of field is very useable even at F1.8 for 28mm wide angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disadvantage of a small sensor: you have a much shorter dynamic range.

    ReplyDelete